Recently I’ve been into making my own tassel necklaces, and I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how I make them! So today I’m going to be showing you guys how I made a quick multicolored tassel necklace in about 15 min!
- 2-3 packs of Wooden Beads
- Tassels (I bought mine, but you can always make your own from embroidery floss! )
- Neutral colored embroidery floss or hemp string
- Super glue
- Embroidery needle (optional)
- First I planned the layout of the necklace by deciding which order I wanted my tassels to go in.
- Then I measured out how long I wanted the necklace to be by stretching out the embroidery floss to 1-2 inches above my belly button. I left an extra inch so I would have enough string to finish the ends.
- Next I centered the middle green tassel and started threading the beads with the embroidery needle
- Once I decided that three beads apart was the pattern I wanted to go with, I threading the remaining tassels.
- Then I completed each side with an equal amount of beads! To finish of the necklace, I simply tied a double knot between the two strands!
- Once I tied the strands together, I secured the knot with a drop of superglue to make sure they won’t come untied with wear. When the glue was dry I cut off the remaining string.
- Tadaaaaaa! A finished tassel necklace!
I use this super simple method of making tassel necklace for all of the tassles I make! So, get creative with your designs!
I hope you guys enjoyed my quick little DIY! Let me know if you guys have any other quick tassel making tips! Happy crafting!