Hey there everyone, it’s Jada here! So here I am in my second week of sophomore year of college, and things are already crazy!
As some of you know, this year I decided to add a minor and join Honors college. A lot of people say I’m crazy for that, but I already knew that.
Dealing with an 18 hour schedule is hard work, especially when one of those classes is online. However, in these past two weeks, I have managed to already find a balance. This makes me happy.
One Chinese Proverb says,
The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.
This proverb sums up exactly how I feel so far about sophomore year. Being completely swamped with lectures and labs, I’ve found several moments of happiness that caught me off guard.
What were those moments? Well I’ll tell you.
- Getting free stuff from Honors College. (Water bottles, t-shirts, a trip to New York)
- Seeing Starbucks have a sale on summer cups
- Getting Starbucks
- Being able to do crazy math in physics
- Making a 100 on that crazy math in physics
- Having a home-cooked meal with friends
- Finding out my Tuesday Thursday 8 am was only on Tuesdays
- Sleeping in on Thursdays
- When my jam comes on during the drive to campus (Closer – The Chainsmokers and Chase You Down – RUNAGROUND)
- and so much more…
As you can see, it’s all about the little things. If I didn’t take the time to notice all of these moments, life would be really tough right now.
So, stop for a minute and think about all of the greatness that surrounds you. Let the happiness seize you.
Ps.. I really hope you guys enjoyed this post! You can check out more about happiness at A Quirky Bliss on her Happiness blog link up!